Treatment for Sleep Disorders
TriStar Skyline Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and provides a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders, including:
Sleep Study at TriStar Skyline
You can expect the best of care from licensed sleep technologists and a team of physicians who are board certified in pulmonology and sleep medicine. The new state-of-the-art facility offers suites that are designed to provide the comforts of home, including:
- Queen size bed
- Private bath and walk-in shower
- Flat screen television with cable and DVD player
- Wireless internet
- Accommodations for bariatric, handicapped, and special needs patients
Sleep studies can help doctors diagnose sleep disorders and provide the best treatment for you. We're here to help you return to normal sleeping patterns and eliminating the stress, anxiety and other difficulties associated with sleep disorders. Talk to your physician if you experience sleep disorder symptoms. Sleep disorders are recognized medical conditions and testing is covered by most medical plans. Check with your provider about your specific coverage.
If your appointment is scheduled for Monday through Friday, please arrive between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza Building, Suite #690. If you are scheduled for Sunday evening, please enter through the hospital and check in with the operator. You must pre-register prior to your study as soon as possible by calling pre-registration at (615) 695-7246. Pre-Registration will inform you of any financial obligations (co-pays, deductibles, etc...). Payment arrangements can be made by calling (615) 769-7039.
- Normal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste etc…) for an overnight stay
- All medications that you will need throughout your length of stay
- Sleep attire, such as pajamas or T-shirt and shorts
- Things that make you more comfortable, such as a favorite pillow or book
- Driver’s license and insurance cards for copies to be made
On The Day Of Your Study:
- Park in front of the Medical Plaza Building. The Medical Plaza Building closes at 7:30 pm. If your appointment is scheduled for Sunday evening, park in front of the hospital.
- Wash and dry your hair. Do not use, hairspray, gels, mousse or body oils. Electrode wires will be applied directly to the scalp. Therefore, hairpieces, extensions, weaves, braids etc… will likely need to be removed or altered.
- Try to limit the amount of make-up. A finger probe will be placed on the index finger. Finger nail polish or artificial nails must be removed from this finger.
- No caffeine after 12:00 p.m. This includes chocolate. No alcoholic beverages.
- Remain awake all day. Refrain from napping.
- Avoid any foods that tend to make your sleep more difficult.
- No family members or guests may stay with you. Exceptions are made for special needs patients
- requiring assistance. A parent or legal guardian is required to stay with children.
- You will be ready to leave between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. the next morning. If someone is picking
- you up, please have them arrive promptly.
If for any reason you need to reschedule or cancel your study, please call The Sleep Disorders Center at (615) 769-4280. 24 hour notice of cancellation is required. Leave a message if no one answers and someone will be notified immediately. Not only is this a courtesy, but it allows someone else to have that appointment time. Please feel free to call us with any additional questions or requests. We look forward to serving you.